Tuesday 17 February 2015

New Project starting for Black Cat Theatre


Sewing Pattern



With Our summer show starting in July I wanted to start making the costumes now (http://www.blackcattheater.co.uk/ is the website for Black Cat Theatre).

Now with the characters we are doing we needed at least some period costume - however with my size being on rather the large size and costumes like these you can be looking at £100+ I decided to make the costumes for us (and so far it's only cost £30). Just so the others would have more confidence in what I was doing I decided to start making mine first and see what the others think. 

The patterns I most like to use are the ones from Simplicity (simplicity/new look Patterns) or Butterick (Butterick & Mccall) as they are fairly easy to understand and the finished garments can look very professional as well as have adaptability, (which is what you need when you want to do a cosplay and that character's outfit doesn't exist).

I will keep this update with the progress this out fit is getting.
Sewing Pattern & Instructions

I have noticed though however that I have needed to make the pattern bigger so what I am doing (which is time consuming) is measuring each line and doubling it so then if it turns out to be too big I can always take it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment